Friday, June 22, 2012

Two Years

I know I've slacked on this blog, but I had a good excuse, England. End of story.

But, I couldn't let this day go past without posting something. Today is very significant to me, it is the two years anniversary of my surgery to get the implant. By this time, I had it put into my head, and was probably coming around from the meds a little bit.

Two years is also quite significant in how it is believed that everything I learned while listening in the past two years is all I can learn, and I'm determined to not let that stop my progress. I'm still a work in progress, but being a machine, you kind of are always a work in progress... you know, with all those updates and glitches. I know I just compared myself to a machine, but I am part cyborg now. That's just me. Part human, part cyborg.

Anyways, it is not the mark of the two years of having my implant turned on... I kind of forget the actual date itself... whoops. The surgery was much more major to that moment a little. But that moment is just as important.

Oops, running low on time! (I'm quickly writing this up right before I have to leave for work... Yes, my life doesn't stop, first England, now working at a museum this summer!)

Happy Anniversary to myself!!
until next time,
-Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment