Monday, June 28, 2010

Recovery continues

So it's been pretty much a week since my surgery...
and 14 movies later... i'm just about back to normal now, with a few exceptions.
Such as a large lump on the side of my head.

The lump/bump is where my magnet is and it feels unusual and i'm not quite used to it yet. But my ear itself is slowly coming back in feeling, like the nerves are not so sensitive anymore. It's barable now to sleep on the recovering side of my head now, and i find myself often on my stomach during the night flipping my head back and forth on the pillow every 5 minutes yet i'm in deep sleep and think it's all a dream. A biazzare dream that was caused by one of the movies i watched this week, alice. but it was quite a good movie and i liked how they used wonderland. (i'm referring to a movie that is a grown up version of alice in wonderland but different concepts of the story...)

In continuing with my surgery, I'm down to just my antibonics... and i realize i cannot spell it correctly after all this thing does not seem to have a spell check. Tsk tsk. =) Anyways, that's good so that means i'm not so loopy anymore since that was what the pain meds were doing to me. On wednesday I have to go back to the hospital for a one week check up... should be a-okay. =)

One thing I have noticed about my right ear since the surgery is very interesting. I feel like i'm hearing something but i do not quite know what it is. I feel like i am hearing a buzzing noise in my right ear... i think i have to ask my surgeon what that could possibly be. It's the same noise that I hear when i go for my audiology hearing tests yearly where they put this headphone on my head and i have to press a button when i hear a buzzing noise, and this is when i do not have hearing aids in. So... i'm curious of what is going on with my ear. I did not really know what to expect for the afterpart of the surgery, i pretty much prepared for the part leading up to the surgery but not for the part after. However, i'm not scared of this, it's pure curiousity going on of what was done to my head and ear.

Anyways, it's been a long day, time to sleep... and i hope this itch behind my ear goes away... it's unpleasant especially when i cannot touch the spot behind my ear... i'm too afraid of feeling what the stitches are like. And possibily make them come out... they are supposed to dissolve but im not sure how... that's a question i should ask the surgeon on weds. oh well for now my unconscious self can deal with it... good night.
-Annie.

No comments:

Post a Comment