Tuesday, September 21, 2010

No life

So ever since getting to college,
I've had no free time to even think about my ears... and yet they're holding up somehow through all of my day of listening to teachers and customers at my job. etc.

But it's obvious that it's been a lot of work for me.... so obvious because I managed to get an ear infection in the ear... my cochlear implant side. That's a problem. A big mean problem.... although i do not have hearing in that ear canal itself, it still could affect the implant in some way and I am crossing my fingers that it turns out to be okay. I took ten days of medication for my ear infection... it still feels like I have one so i'm worried. Hopefully Smullen can help out when i see her on friday.

Friday is my 2 months in, follow up appointment. I have no expectations for this appointment with Mark, however I do feel like I am doing better with the implant than with my previous hearing aid, so I am quite pleased. Hopefully I'll find the time to update this after my appointment on friday! Time is very constricted as of now... I only have free time now due to my frustration with my printer and is trying to resolve that...

Anyways...
I cannot remember anything else that's important for people to know about my deaf-abilities slash my cochlear implants slash my life.

AKA. my life is nonexistent due to homework and classes... all for the future I suppose!
Until next time,
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment